— Peekaboo joyfully greeting Dimitri Danger ( )
Peekaboo is a small, ghost-like spirit who possesses Dimitri Danger. They makes their first appearance near the end of Chapter 5 where they become able to contact Dimitri following his fight with a Hijack-possessed Mr. Spender.
Peekaboo takes the appearance of what a child would draw a ghost to be like. They have a white tube-like body with no limbs and black circles for eyes as well as a black mouth. They're also rather small, about the quarter of the size of their host.
Peekaboo appears to have the mindset of a child, referring to Dimitri as "Didi", themselves in the third person, and describing their abilities as their "Peeka-powers". It's implied that they are capable of being horrifying or dangerous, as they ask Dimitri if he's no longer angry or afraid of them anymore, to which Dimitri responds with a distinct aloofness.
Peekaboo pulls Dimitri into a spirit trance near the end of the school day. The spirit cheerfully greets Dimitri and uses their powers to warp around his leg in an imitation of a hug, telling the spectral that they were lonely as "Didi" wasn't using Peekaboo's "Peeka-powers" and thus Peekaboo wasn't able to talk to him. Peekaboo asks if Dimitri is still angry or scared of them, and Dimitri distantly replies that he isn't as the spirit trance fades.
- Dimitri Danger- Peekaboo's relationship with their host is strained. While Peekaboo greets Dimitri cheerfully and wraps their body around "Didi" to resemble a hug, Dimitri responds to Peekaboo with short responses and does not seem to want to be close to the spirit (becoming distant when asked if he was still afraid and/or mad at Peekaboo). It's implied that they were closer in the past.
Body Manipulation Edit
Peekaboo can warp and distort their body to dodge projectiles and wrap around objects. This power makes a distinct "wrrwrr" sound when used.
- Dimitri (sighing): "Hey Peekaboo."
- Peekaboo: "PEEKABOO"
- Dimitri: "...Yeah. Hi."
- — Dimitri and Peekaboo greeting each other ( )
- Peekaboo: "Didi will use powers lots? Didi isn't mad at Peekaboo anymore?"
- Dimitri: "I'm not mad."
- Peekaboo: "Didi isn't afraid of Peekaboo anymore?"
- Dimitri: "...No. I'm not scared."
- — Peekaboo and Dimitri ( )
- In a tweet, Zack Morrison stated that, while they sometimes create multiple prototype spirit designs, Peekaboo only had one sketch of them prior to their finalized design.
- Regarding Peekaboo, Zack has said the following:
everyone is too trusting of peekaboo, like big flightless island birds. I appreciate and respect it and will memorialize you in museums and popular culture